. . . back of the net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars Episode VII

Go down

Star Wars Episode VII Empty Star Wars Episode VII

Post  TinyHandsOfConcrete Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:41 pm

Fans of Star Wars will no doubt be delighted Carrie Fisher has decided to reprise her role as Princess Leia in the forthcoming Star Wars sequel.
When asked whether Luke Skywalker's sister would be making a return, the 56-year-old said 'yes.'

She jokingly told the Palm Beach Illustrated her character will be 'Elderly. She’s in an intergalactic old folks’ home.' But the actress and author added: 'I just think she would be just like she was before, only slower and less inclined to be up for the big battle.' And fun-loving Carrie believes her character will still boast the iconic look that fans of the original trilogy love. She said she will wear, 'The bagel buns and the bikini, because probably she has sundowners syndrome. At sundown, she thinks that she’s 20-something. And she puts it on and gets institutionalized.'

She is the second member of the original core cast to reveal they wanted to appear in the JJ Abrams directed sequel.

Last week Mark Hamill said: 'They're talking to us. 'George [Lucas] wanted to know whether we'd be interested. He did say that if we didn't want to do it, they wouldn't cast another actor in our parts - they would write us out. I can tell you right away that we haven't signed any contracts. We're in the stage where they want us to go in and meet with Michael Arndt, who is the writer, and Kathleen Kennedy, who is going to run Lucasfilm. Both have had meetings set that were postponed - on their end, not mine. They're more busy than I am.'

Harrison Ford is also said to be seriously considering reprising his breakthrough role as smuggler turned galactic hero Han Solo.

It is a positive development for the Postcards From The Edge writer after she was hospitalised for treatment for her bipolar disorder last month. The revelation comes after video was posted online showing her bizarre behaviour during a cruise ship performance. he was seen pacing around singing snippets of song, stopping along the way to clean up after her dog urinated and soiled the stage.

And Carrie revealed she is working on a number of projects as well returning to Star Wars. She said: 'I’ve outlined another book to write. I’m writing a series with a friend of mine for another friend of mine. And I’m working somewhat on a musical. … We were going to make a musical of Postcards from the Edge, and now we’re not. What we’re working on now are the songs. I have a lot of lyrics from many, thousands of years ago—and the intervening years—because I have a kind of obsessive-compulsive need to make things rhyme.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2288871/The-princess-strikes-Carrie-Fisher-reveals-return-Leia-Star-Wars-Episode-VII.html#ixzz2MlLIrI1h
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
TinyHandsOfConcrete
TinyHandsOfConcrete

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum