. . . back of the net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rodgers says 'no embarrassment' in defeat

4 posters

Go down

Rodgers says 'no embarrassment' in defeat Empty Rodgers says 'no embarrassment' in defeat

Post  TinyHandsOfConcrete Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:33 pm

Rodgers says 'no embarrassment' in defeat but do Celtic supporters share his view? I'd seriously doubt it.

Yes, the quality of Scottish football may be quite dire, yes, Celtic will probably win the return leg though truth be told there was little evidence of that last night, yes, it's early in the season but given the importance of big cup qualification to Celtic you'd think he'd come out with better than that.
TinyHandsOfConcrete
TinyHandsOfConcrete

Back to top Go down

Rodgers says 'no embarrassment' in defeat Empty Re: Rodgers says 'no embarrassment' in defeat

Post  therrawbuzzin Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:14 pm

Depends how thick the brass is on yer neck.

This was far, far worse than Artmedia.

Having said that, we know only too well the power of editing.
therrawbuzzin
therrawbuzzin

Back to top Go down

Rodgers says 'no embarrassment' in defeat Empty Re: Rodgers says 'no embarrassment' in defeat

Post  TinyHandsOfConcrete Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:58 pm

"There is no embarrassment,"

"It was a tough game in tough conditions. We didn't take our chances, they took their chance."

"We have seen enough to see that we can get through in the second leg.

"Celtic fans expect us to get through into the group stages. The message to them is to stay calm. This is a good group of players, they are working hard and in a week's time we will need (the fans)."

"I'm not really [shocked]. I know these results can happen,"

"We stay calm. We need a performance next week."

"We dominated and had enough chances, but sometimes it can happen like that... one ball up the pitch and they're in,"

"You let the local team have their night, we press on, another week's training and be better for it.

"We've given ourselves a bit of work to do, but there's no panic. It's a two-legged affair and our objective is to get through."

"I always felt this qualification phase would be based on the second legs at home and we'll need their support."
TinyHandsOfConcrete
TinyHandsOfConcrete

Back to top Go down

Post  guitarman Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:59 am

I've been trying to get on the wrong bloody backup board!! Clicked on this on by mistake! Last night was utterly, utterly hilarious. "No embarrassment" - aye right. rolling on floor lau
guitarman
guitarman

Back to top Go down

Post  Onyougo Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:37 am

Last night was a embarrassment thumbs up
It could also be a blessing for the fans as it would have shown Rodgers how poor the squad was and who has to go
Brown & Biton's jackits must be on a shoogly nail

Ambrose is a donkey and deservedly got abuse for his performance last night , but the whole team deserved the abuse

Still 90 mins to play , will we win ?
After last night who knows

Onyougo
Onyougo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum